About Me

My photo
I am a 6th grade language arts teacher looking for ways to incorporate digital texts and New Literacies into my classroom. This blog will chronicle my journey and, hopefully, provide insight into what works and what doesn't.

Monday, March 16, 2015

#walkmyworld - Learning Event One - Opening Doors

Opening New Doors


Learning Event Response - 
Take a photo of your door in your current space, through a doorway you travel daily, or out the front door of your home. In a tweet to #WalkMyWorld, share your photo and the Twitter handle and/or URL to indicate where you’re tweeting from. 

You can decide to just share this content as a link in a tweet, or publish your share to a blog. You might share a Facebook page, Google+ page, Weebly page, Wix page, Wiki, etc.

If possible, add a geotag to your post to link to the shared #WalkMyWorld map. Keep mind that you might choose to not share your location. That is absolutely fine. We'll review and revise the tags you share to the map over time.

My Response - 

This is the door I enter every morning to go to work.  Believe it or not, I love this door! It is a side entrance to the school and only accessible to those of us who work in the building. Everyone else must enter through the front office.  Sometimes, I may leave through another door, but I start every work day walking through this literal door.  

But in thinking about physical versus digital space, my digital door isn't a door at all.  It is Instagram. Before I cross the threshold above, I will have checked my feed and liked pictures of babies, friends, and/or landscapes.  Instagram is the platform I choose to share my own pictures and thoughts, and, therefore, it is the opening into my digital presence on line.  So, for this first learning event, I merged the two by posting this picture on Instagram. (Link)


No comments:

Post a Comment